SEMrush is a platform for studying significant SEO and advertising metrics
SEMrush calls to monitor competitors and collect useful marketing data SEMrush Holdings Inc. is an American public company that offers a SaaS platform known as SEMrush. The platform is often used for keyword research and online ranking data, including metrics such as search volume, Keyword research and cost per click (CPC). The platform also collects information about online keywords gathered from Google and Bing search engines. It was released by Boston-based company SEMrush Inc, founded by Oleg Shchegolev and Dmitri Melnikov.
As of 2022, the company has 1000+ employees and offices in Barcelona, Belgrade, Berlin, Yerevan, Limassol, Prague, Warsaw, Amsterdam, Austin, Boston, Dallas, Philadelphia, and Trevose.
SEMrush in numbers:
- 808M desktop domain profiles and 32.1M mobile domain profiles;
- Over 43 trillion backlinks and over 25 billion URLs crawled per day on average;
- Over 24.3 billion keywords and 20M ideas for a single keyword;
- 0% of Fortune 500 companies use SEMrush as their go-to marketing tool.
As such, the list of SEMrush features is quite long. However, here are the features that we consider the most important/impressive:
- Domain and keyword analytics with historical data and keyword metrics updated regularly;
- Competitive analysis, which uses elements such as market research, traffic, and competitive analysis;
- Project Management, where you develop a plan for keyword validation, tracking those keywords, and analyzing a wide range of other elements of your brand, such as social media profiles and search engine results;
- Advanced reports that you can send to other stakeholders in your business (or customers). Reports include white labeling, branding, and planning options.
We created our account to see the functionality of the SEMrush platform. We were impressed by the number of different functions for different tasks, from SEO to Facebook ad analysis!
Importantly, to create effective content marketing, SEMrush has its own tools that they propose to consider.
- Content Idea Generator
Create a Highly Effective Content Plan With SEMrush Blog Idea Generator, you can easily create a competitive content plan that is fully focused on the needs and interests of your audience.
- Find the most popular and relevant content ideas and questions people ask;
- Discover the most engaging headlines;
- Conduct a content gap analysis;
- Filter the most relevant topics based on how difficult they are to rank;
- Discover ideas for specific places based on the most popular and trending ideas in your area;
- Stay up to date with trending topics in your field for the last 60 days;
- Find search terms related to the original topic and get more content creation ideas;
Structure your content in a way that is customer-focused, which will improve your chances of ranking higher.
2. Marketing calendar
Manage your content calendar and marketing campaigns in one place. Easily collaborate with colleagues and track the performance of your campaign.Plan and coordinate your marketing and editorial activities.
The Semrush Marketing Calendar visualizes your plans and helps you stay in control at every level, from a marketing campaign to individual team member tasks.
With a marketing calendar, you can get a bird’s eye view of your events and make sure they’re all seasonally planned and that you’re covered by the content. With the help of the marketing calendar, each team member can see in detail each task for which he is responsible. In addition, they can track the current status of the activity they are involved in.
SEMrush starts at $99.95 per month, and delivers most of what typical small to midsized business (SMB) marketers need out of a search engine optimization tool. SEMrush delivers a wide array of functionality across ad-hoc keyword research, ongoing search position monitoring, and crawling.
SEMrush’s starting price point of $119.95 per month is for its Pro plan (an increase from $20 since our previous review), though you can save some money by opting for an annual plan. The Pro plan gives you 10,000 results per report across both SEMrush’s domain and keyword analytics tools, and up to 3,000 reports or searches per day. SEMrush also prices in terms of “projects,” or every piece of SEO research associated with a particular domain. The Pro plan allots five projects, 500 keywords to track, a 100,000 crawled page limit, and up to 50 associated social media profiles along with 5 scheduled PDF reports. To SEMrush’s credit, most SMBs can probably get by just fine at this price tier making it a very affordable option.
The next rung up is the $229.95-per-month Guru plan. At this tier you get 30,000 results per report and 5,000 reports/searches per day. The big jump is in a bump to 50 total projects for the SEO team expanding their research and targeting. The Guru plan also gets you 20 PDF reports with custom branding available as well as historical data access, plus 1,500 tracked keywords, 300,000 crawled pages, and 100 social media profiles. Finally there’s the $449.95-per-month Business plan. Aside from upping all the quotas substantially, this tier gives you unlimited projects, access to product listing ads, white label PDF reports, multi-user management and access to API.
SEMrush also offers custom solutions for businesses with special marketing needs. These include custom keyword databases, custom limits, on-site trainings, and other add-on features upon request.
In conclusion. The SEMrush keyword suggestion and search engine ranking tools are high-quality, but SEMrush truly excels with competitor analysis. It’s the ultimate spying tool where you type in keywords, then SEMrush compares several competitor websites with your site. SEMrush provides an organic keyword research feature that functions quite similar to SimilarWeb’s Keyword research. The primary difference is that SEMrush only delves into organic keywords. So, you will not be able to access information about paid keywords using SEMrush. Also a large number of other services and products for marketing opens up new doors of opportunity in marketing analysis, which we have listed above!