Have you ever heard of targeted advertising? Today I am going to tell you more about Instagram advertising. Target is one of the most popular and actual type of marketing.
Targeted advertising is a type of advertising that will be shown exclusively to the target audience, that is, people interested in a specific service or product.
Because of this, it is a powerful tool for achieving such goals as:
- Attracting new customers or audience.
- Announcements of something.
- Increasing brand awareness.
Target has a lot of advantages. For example:
- Audience. Over a billion people have their own Instagram accounts.
- A great number of settings.
You have some variants for setting this type of advertising. You can pay for click, for views and for coverage. Today we are going to discuss PPC (Pay Per Click).
Advertising itself is configured via Ads Manager. Ads Manager is a special personal account on Facebook for marketing campaigns. Also it helps us to promote publications on Instagram. If you will use it competently, one publication can bring tangible profits.
Therefore, for the connection of this type of advertising you have to have an account on Instagram and on Facebook.
Primarily you need to make your advertising account. If you want to use Ads Manager, you have to create an account on Facebook Business Manager. Look, here is the step-by-step instructions on how to do this:
- Log in with your Facebook login.
- Open the Facebook Business Manager webpage.
- Press the “Create account” button.
- Enter company name, username and email.
- Press “Send”.
After that you must link your Instagram account to the Facebook Business Manager. For it you have to:
- Select the “Settings” section in the menu.
- Click “Connect Instagram account”.
- A window will show up and where you must specify the login information for your Instagram account.
- Confirm the action.
You see, everything is not as difficult as it seemed!
Now let’s discuss РРС in detail. PPC (Pay Per Click) is a pricing model, where advertiser pays a certain amount to the owner of the resource on which the advertisement is located, for each click on it by the visitor. It is a way to quick but temporary results.
Besides the ability to quickly increase sales, PPC provides other benefits. Usually this marketing channel is chosen for the following reasons:
- Easy to learn and measure.
- Provides more control over the advertising launch period.
- Focuses on a specific target audience.
- Quickly launches and produces results quickly (24 hours).
- Good for the start of promotional work.
- It is an excellent idea for seasonal projects.
- You can quickly test a new product or niche.
- Tergeting helps you quickly test the productivity of new design and changes to the site.
- Allows you to get the target audience on all devices.
Nevertheless, this type of advertising has some disadvantages. There are:
- Since PPC assumes pay-per-click, this model is popular only in Internet marketing, because clicks are characteristic exclusively for advertising on the World Wide Web.
- Advertising works as long as you have money in the account. No money – no advertising.
- Quality is highly dependent on the experience of the specialist and analyst. You can simply drain budgets and not get profit.
Nowadays this method is becoming more and more demanded. The main reason for this is the rapid achievement of the welcome results. If you manage to set everything up accurately, then you can feel the result in the first day and it captivates many business owners and marketers.
You have to make a setup and work out appropriate keyword that will brings you users who are already interested in your suggestion. If you want to do this, you need to correctly evaluate the KPI. Now I want to tell you about it more elaborate.
KPI (Key Performance Indicators) demonstrate how good marketing campaign works. You need it for understanding when and where you have to improve the advertisement.
There are a lot of performance indicators, but here you can see the main:
- The quantity of clicks. By tracking them, you can identify which ads are better to refuse, and for which it is worth increasing rates.
- CTR (Click Through Rate). It is determined by dividing the total number of clicks by the total number of impressions. For instance, if a thousand people viewed an advertisement , but only 100 of them clicked on the advertisement. It means that the CTR would be only 10%.
- CVR (Conversion Rate). As a rule, PPC is launched in order to grow the conversion rate, that is, the number of clients who have made a purchase. This indicator allows you to find out how successful the advertising campaign was. It is determined by dividing the number of conversions by the total quantity of clicks.
Another advantage of this type of advertising is the possibility to choose the format and placement.
You have the opportunity to advertise in the form of:
Placement. There are: Instagram feed and stories.
If you choose a feed as a placement, your target audience will see an advertisement in their feed. Look at this:
The second placement is stories. Everybody knows what is it – full-screen vertical advertisement that customers see when they view user stories on Instagram and it has a few differences with a feed.
Likewise users and marketers like target because it is very easy to set up, in Facebook Ads manager it boils down to three sequential steps:
- Setting up a company. We select the purpose of advancement, after that we should to form knowledge about a product or service, to interest in a product or service, to induce a target action.
- Setting up an ad group. Setting up audience and display locations.
- Creation of ads. Here you must choose the format, to upload images or videos, to add accompanying text and a conversion button.
In conclusion, I would like to say, that PPC, which involves pay-per-click on the ad and the user’s transition to the promoted site, is the most objective and optimal pricing model, and the results that she gives advertisers, once again confirms this.